An effective content strategy is an easy way to ensure you’re getting the most value for your money and time. Therefore, we have put together a few ways on how to build an effective content strategy for your blog.
How To Build an Effective Content Strategy for Your Blog
Content is essential. However, the truth is that you need to have an organized content strategy if you want your blog to generate new business leads, sales and expose your brand to potential customers. Here are a few helpful tips on how to build an effective content strategy for your blog.
Determine Your Target Customer
To develop a successful content strategy for your blog you must identify who you are writing content for. What do your ideal readers look like? What are they interested in? When arrive on your website to read your blog, where are these individuals in the buyer’s journey?
Dividing your target blog readers into unique customer personas allows you establish and maintain an effective strategy to publish the type of content each of your target readers is likely to be searching for online. As a result, your blog will attract users that want the products or services you provide.
For instance, if you have a website for a pest control or removal company your target readers might include homeowners who:
- Know they want to hire a pest removal company
- Want suggestions about how to safely remove pests on their own
- Aren’t sure if they have a pest infestation, but think they might
- Don’t have a pest infestation, and want to make sure it stays that way
Each of these readers can interact with your business differently. Therefore, creating targeted articles to address the unique questions and concerns one of them allows you to successfully target search queries your target customers are typing into search engines such as Google.
Provide a Range of Article Topics
Defining who your readers are allows you to effectively post different types of targeted blog articles to keep things fresh. It also effectively markets your business to a diverse set of readers who all have value to your business.
The following are a few different styles of posts that you could write to keep things fresh. In addition, you can marketing your business to the people you’ve identified as having value to your business.
- Facts about the different types of pests, which can include how to tell if you have an infestation
- Comparing the cost and effectiveness of remediation strategies for different pests
- How to remove different types of pests safely by yourself, with links to products you sell which can help homeowners safely remove pests on their own
- The best ways to prevent pests, which can include lawn treatments you offer in the spring and winterization services your company offers in the fall
- Targeting geo-specific pest removal service terms so you can target content to the different towns and cities your company serves
- Pest removal strategies and services which are safe for households with children and pets
Market Your Blog Content to Your Target Audience
You must be proactive about marketing your content to ensure it reaches your audience at the right times. Advertising campaigns that focus on Facebook or using Google AdWords can be extremely effective because you can target the local areas and demographics you think are most likely to have interest in your company’s services.
In addition to focused advertising campaigns, there are steps you can take to market your blog content without paying to do so. If you are a local company like the pest-removal service mentioned in our example above, you could reach out to your city or town office or to your local newspaper to see if they’d include your latest blog in their newsletter, or share it with readers of their Facebook page.
These are just a few helpful tips on how to build an effective content strategy for your blog. Contact Centennial Arts with the link below for more information or to get started on your blog content strategy today!